Thursday, March 12, 2009

Where Did Jamie Go?

Remember the questions I sent out from last week? Asking areas we are succeeding in and areas I need to improve on. (If you don’t remember I’ll send it again.) I received a great reply from the Begley’s. I wanted to highlight one of their reflections.

 

My question:

Premise Two: Leaders who do too much, prevent others from leading. The end result of poor delegation results in a cap of how effective the ministry can be. 

Question Two: In what areas do I need to step back and let others step up?

Begley response:

 I do appreciate that you’ve let the cantina team act fairly independently recently.  We’ve found a groove that seems to work for our team. 

 

On the surface it might seem like an ego stroke to me rather, I see it as a huge win for their set up team. I realized a few months ago that by me being down in the cantina I was getting in the way of others taking charge. I had to force myself to find something else to do. That was really hard. The great news is that this team flat knocks it out of the park. Last week they were done with set up at 9:03am. The fastest time ever.


No comments: