Thursday, October 4, 2007

Left a message.. is not getting er done.

Many times a project is at hand, and the question is asked where are we on that? The reply, "WELLL I left a message". "I am waiting for an e-mail back from them." My favorite: "Its on cruise control." The emergencies/priorities in our lives are not on the priority stack of other people. Sure, one day we will get a call back. Sure, one day we will get the final report. Answers after the fact or not provided in enough time cripples deals, production, ministry, momentum, and wastes money. Time is too short to wait for a message to be returned. Go knock on the door. Call the number until it's picked up. Send flowers. Pay a neighbor to deliver your message. Force the clutter off their desk. Pleasantly demand their attention.

The world is given to those make things happen not to those who leave balls floating in the air.


My life insurance man keeps calling and leaving messages about additional coverage I requested. I dodge the calls because in those moments I can't talk about my future death and how much it's worth. He has called 3 times a week and left messages 2 times a week; for 6 weeks now. He paged me once, and finally e-mailed me. Then I returned the call. You never know what trigger will get the response. PULL ALL THE TRIGGERS.

1 comment:

Paul Wirth said...

too true blogger man how about a link to my blog site dirt bag