Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Are you listening?

Many times in a meeting, suggestions are offered as to how to fix a problem. You know how it goes " hey you should fix your marriage." Or " You should provide more depth for church people." Some times the person receiving input gets this glossed over face. You know full well their ain't now way they are going to actually do what you are telling them. For me it's when some one tells me about a book I ought to read. Like I got time to read a book about your interest. I usually say read it into a tape recorder for me and I'll listen. When do you decide who is worth listening to and who needs to be blown off? Really. People with answers to our problems are out there. We keep listening to the wrong answers.

How do we find these answer people? Find someone who has been there and done that. COPY THEM FIRST. Then tweak the idea. Get some momentum built by winning small battles. Don't eat the entire elephant in one sitting. Get your mind straight. Get your plan together. Begin.

No comments: