Monday, November 26, 2007

Tomorrow's ran out Thursday


I have a friend from community college that has been ill for a while. His diabetes broke his body down to the point of needing a multi organ transplant. His battle for survival seemed to linger for ever. We talked infrequently but I knew I ought to call more often. Recently I sent him a copy of my crazy story in the news. Here is his response.


From: kmburkett1@comcast.net
Subject: RE: Jamie Adair-in the newspaper

Date: November 19, 2007 4:25:26 PM EST

To: Paganlover@aol.com


Way to go Jamie. Good for you. I'm proud of you! Takes some guts to stand up
for the right thing and that you did. Awesome!

Anyhoo, nothing much here is going on. I'm still waiting for the call for
the transplant. You'll be one of the first I contact when the call does come in though. Hope all is well with you and everything is going great. If I don't speak to you before them, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hope to hear from you soon, old friend.

Kevin


-----Original Message-----

From: James Adair [mailto:Paganlover@aol.com]

Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2007 4:58 PM

To: James Adair
Subject: Jamie Adair-in the newspaper


I printed this out and taped it to my wall to remind me to call Kevin more often. Kevin lost his fight on Thanksgiving day. Why don't we do things we know we should do. What is more meaningful; returning stolen goods or calling your "
old friend". Life happens every day. I guess making life count daily is more important than counting the days of life.
OBIT

No comments: